There are thousands of pet products on the market today. Estimated to be a $54 billion a year industry, pet supplies are big business with manufacturers trying to grab on to as much of the pie as possible.
Interestingly, it seems that the pet industry has not been affected by the recession as severely as businesses in other sectors. Pet owners still seem willing to shell out big bucks for products to pamper their pooches. But this is not surprising when we stop to realize that, for many pet owners, their dogs and cats are members of the family.
We have evaluated these pet products in a variety of ways, some more intensely than others.
- Rapid Bath. Dogs need to be bathed regularly. But when a groomer bathes your dog, it can be quite expensive. We wanted to find a good quality product that lets you quickly and easily bathe your dog at home – and we found it. That product is Rapid Bath. This dog washing system attaches to any faucet, so you can use it to wash your dog in your shower or bathtub, or outside with a garden hose. It requires special shampoo cartridges, and I’ve been very impressed with the quality of these shampoos that include formulas for soothing, whitening, deep cleaning and allergies. This is a very good product that will bathe your dog in 5 minutes or less. For more information, go to: Rapid Bath.
- Drinkwell 360. It is important that pets drink enough water, but just like us, many pets don’t drink enough water to meet the daily recommendations. (After all, how many of us drink eight full 8-oz glasses of water a day?) It is hard to get pets to drink if they don’t want to. But the Drinkwell 360 pet fountaincan help them drink more. This is a great quality fountain with filtered streaming water. Pets prefer fresh running water. If I were to offer water in a bowl vs. the fountain, dogs go to the fountain. The Drinkwell 360 is recommended for small to medium size dogs weighing less than 50 lbs. For more information, go to: Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain.
- Drinkwell Big Dog Fountain. Big dogs need big fountains, and this one is REALLY big! With a reservoir that holds more than 2-gallons of water, this is the largest capacity pet fountain on the market. The Drinkwell Big Dog Fountain is perfect for larger dogs and multi-pet households. Most dogs don’t drink enough water, but this fountain can help your dog drink more. This is a great quality fountain with filtered streaming water. Pets prefer fresh running water. If I were to offer water in a bowl vs. the fountain, dogs go to the fountain. For more information, go to: Drinkwell Big Dog Fountain.
- PetSafe Healthy Pet Food Stations. The PetSafe Healthy Pet Food Station is the first gravity food system with a removable-stainless steel bowl that is easy to clean and is dishwasher safe. Simply sanitize the stainless steel bowl at high temperatures in your dishwasher to eliminate potential bacteria that can cause your pet harmful infections from micro-organisms, allergic reactions or skin and nose irritations. The coordinating PetSafe Healthy Pet Food Station and Healthy Pet Water Station are designed to complement most home decor. Space-saving footprints and modern style are ideal for kitchens, laundry rooms, garages and other indoor areas.. The healthier way for your pet to enjoy dry food! For more information, go to: PetSafe Healthy Pet Food Stations.
- Garmin Astro 220 GPS Dog Tracking System. The Garmin Astro 220 GPS Dog Tracking systems features a bright color-screen and the rugged, all-weather collar. The collar has an integrated GPS transmitter and is specially weighted so the antenna will always point to the sky for optimum signal. To get started, just take Astro outdoors and turn on the handheld transmitter to acquire GPS satellite signals. Then attach the collar to your dog. Now you’re ready to turn him loose – no other setup required. For more information, go to: Garmin Astro 220 GPS Dog Tracking System.
- Pooch Ball Dog Toy. Pooch Ball is an ideal interactive toy, two toys in one. Aids in helping alleviate boredom. Your pet will focus at getting to the tennis ball, once he finally gets it out simply reinsert the ball and the fun starts all over again. Toss it on land or water (it floats). Helps promote healthy gums and teeth. For more information, go to: Pooch Ball Dog Toy.
- Poop Posse Pooper Scooper. The Poop Posse Pooper Scooper is the ultimate pooper scooper. Designed for double-duty, the unique design features a rake on one side for yard cleanup and a scraper on the other side for hard surfaces. This heavy duty, long-lasting pooper scooper is rust proof and super easy to clean. No metal parts to rust, all hygienic, heavy-duty plastic. Easy two-piece assembly simply clicks together – no tools required. For more information, go to: Poop Posse Pooper Scooper