Before you take your pup there next, review these tips to help you brush up on your dog park etiquette.
1. Some essential items to bring with you include a leash, poop bags and water.
2. Make sure your pup is up-to-date on shots.
3. Consider your dog’s temperament with other animals and kids. If your pooch is overly aggressive or if you don’t feel confident that you can control him, he may not be well-suited to run free with other dogs.
4. Keep the gate securely closed to ensure all the dogs remain safely inside.
5. Always supervise your pup. Keep Fido and children within sight and hearing distance. 6. Keep food, treats and toys out of sight to avoid conflicts or territorial behavior.