Studies show that bloat is a leading cause of death in dogs. Teach your dog to eat correctly with the Stainless Steel Portion Pacers.
The Omega Paw Portion Pacer lets you control how fast your dog eats to prevent choking, gulping, vomiting, and bloat. Just place the Portion Pacer into any food or water bowl. It trains your dog to eat and drink properly – up to 8 times slower than before.
It’s easy to use, sanitary, and works with any breed, size, or age of dog. The durable stainless steel Portion Pacer washes easily in your dishwasher. Available in two Sizes: Small – 2.9″ Diameter and Large – 3.5″ Diameter.
Before you take your pup there next, review these tips to help you brush up on your dog park etiquette.
1. Some essential items to bring with you include a leash, poop bags and water.
2. Make sure your pup is up-to-date on shots.
3. Consider your dog’s temperament with other animals and kids. If your pooch is overly aggressive or if you don’t feel confident that you can control him, he may not be well-suited to run free with other dogs.
4. Keep the gate securely closed to ensure all the dogs remain safely inside.
5. Always supervise your pup. Keep Fido and children within sight and hearing distance. 6. Keep food, treats and toys out of sight to avoid conflicts or territorial behavior.
Canines in the wild keep teeth healthy by gnawing on natural bones and abrasive tissue and fiber. A domestic pooch does not have this same advantage but teeth can be kept healthy through brushing, gnawing and specially-designed dental chews. Never use human toothpaste, as it is dangerous to dogs.
When brushing, use this opportunity to inspect your dog’s teeth and gums for decay, injury and plaque buildup.
The sole threat to one’s feeling of puppy glee can be the arduous task of housebreaking your new pal. Here are some ideas for a smooth experience:
1. Keep in mind that most puppies can’t “hold it” for more than a few hours and plan your day accordingly.
2. Proper crate training will help your pooch not to “go” in her “bedroom.”
3. When an accident occurs, be sure to eliminate the odor instead of masking it. If your dog detects her scent, she will return to the scene of the crime!
4. Keep an eye on your new pup to learn how to detect an imminent potty.
5. Praise and a puppy treat for a job well done must be given immediately or your dog will miss the association between behavior and reward.
Stores that sell clothing for construction and roadway workers also often sell cooling bandanas or fabric neckbands filled with water-absorbing crystals. Next time you buy one for yourself, either for work or just to get you through the summer days, buy one for your dog.
Soak it and then tie it gently around the neck of a large dog or wrap and tie it around the back and chest of a small dog just behind the front legs. Now and then, refresh it with your water bottle and the two of you should be good to go on a hot day.